Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Workout Day Today!!!!!

Well, I think everything went pretty well today.

Today was workout day. I worked the shoulders, abs, and legs.

So here are my stats for the day:

Legs

Hack Squats

10 easy reps- 130 lbs
6 slightly heavier reps- 140 lbs
3 heavier reps- 180 lbs
4-6 heavy reps to failure- 240 lbs- 6 reps
4-6 heavy reps to failure- 260 lbs- 4 reps

Deadlifts

3 heavier reps- 180 lbs
4-6 heavy reps to failure- 260 lbs- 4 reps
4-6 heavy reps to failure- 260 l bs- 6 reps

Shoulder

Shoulder Press

10 easy reps- 110 lbs
6 slightly heavier reps- 115 lbs
3 heavier reps- 120lbs

Now the above for the shoulder press is what should have been happening. Those being my warm up weights. Though I had a problem. I did my warm up weights, but I was thinking, wow these are pretty heavy, why are they so heavy. I forgot to calculate my bar, which is my extra 40 lbs. So the weights above I did do, but they are to heavy, cause I thought my first weight was only 70 lbs, but after calculating the bar, I realized it was 110 lbs, and the same with the others. For my 3 heavier reps I actually did four reps. I tired my shoulders out to fast, so I couldn't even get close to doing my failure reps, so I used my heavier reps set as my failure reps. I hope this will still benefit me for next week.

Abs

I did one set of 15 crunches with body weight. One set of 15 crunches with 100 lbs on me. Next I did two sets of leg raises to 15. I had a good idea for adding extra weight while doing my crunches. I could use a barbell, or my curved bicep curl bar, and lay it on my chest, using a pillow so it doesn't hurt. Because the bar is so small, I should still be able to perform my crunches without an awkward plate restricting me, and I should be able to get on more weight. I will try it for next time.

Well, I need to go to bed.

Best in Health,

Cuyler Callahan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.