Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Crappy Workout

My workout sucked today. I realized something. If I want to increase my squat, I'm going to have to get a stronger back, or switch to a different type of squat. I can probably go higher in weight on my squat, but doing so will put my back at a great risk. So I think I might try zurcher squats.They look a bit easier on the back. Who knows though. Same thing for my deadlift. A friend told me to try a belt, so I might look into that. As for my shoulder press, I went way down. I think it could be because of a bit of a flue. My boss had really sore shoulders, and mine felt quite sore today as well. Maybe that effected it. I'm not sure. I guess I'll see next week.

Anyways, here are my stats for today.

Legs

Hack Squat

10 easy reps- 65 lbs
6 slightly heavier reps- 130 lbs
3 heavier reps- 195 lbs
4-6 heavy reps to failure- 260lbs- 6 reps- had bad form. I could damage my back.
4-6 heavy reps to failure- 220lbs- 7 reps. I could have done way more, but I didn't want to over work my muscles. I'll read more up on it and see what I can do to get more weight on, without breaking my back.

Deadlift

3 heavier reps- 165 lbs
4-6 reps to failure- 220lbs- 8 reps- Could have done way more. Am trying to protect my back. I'll read up on this one as well as see what I can do to get more weight on without damaging my back.
4-6 reps to failure- Felt my back was taking to much, so I skipped this one.

Shoulders

Shoulder Press
10 easy reps- 40 lbs
6 slightly heavier reps- 70 lbs
3 heavier reps- 100 lbs
4-6 reps to failure- 135lbs- 2 reps. Don't understand. I had this done at 6 reps last time.
4-6 reps to failure- 110 lbs- 7 reps. Now it was to light. I think the sore shoulders from whatever bug I have at the moment caused this. Hopefully it'll be better next week.

Abs

Skipped Abs. Was out of time. Don't want to be counterproductive by releasing catabolic hormones.

Best in Health and Fitness

Cuyler Callahan

No comments: