Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I'm so sick of counting calories.......

I'm not going to count calories after today. I did count them, then I didn't, then I started again yesterday. I have tonights calories though, so this will be the last day. I just don't have the time to count them every night. I get home from work, and all I do is my workout, then I spend the rest of the night counting the calories. I have other things to do, and counting calories is wasting my time. I will just have to go back to self will and eat healthy, and eat good per portions. It will be hard, but I lost weight in the last four months, and I wasn't counting calories there, just watching how much I eat, so I'll do it again. I just don't have the time to do it always. I'll eat healthy, and I'll do my workouts. That will be about all I can do for that. I'll just have to eat smaller meals. I would have to anyways, cause even with counting calories I'm still eating way to much.

Here is todays calorie count, and it is the last:

8:30 am

fruit blend- 407 cals
Total- 407 cals

10:00 am

1 pepperoni stick- 160 cals
Total- 160 cals

2:00 pm

4 pieces whole wheat, commercial, bread- 90 cal ea.
1 tbls- raspberry jam- 50 cal
1 tbls- honey- 60 cal
Total 570 cals

4:15 pm

2 small potatoes- 107 cal ea.
1 cup carrots, cooked- 27 cals
5 ounce roast beef- 245 cals
1 cup juice- 55 cals
1/4 cup gravy- 26 cals
1 scoop butterscotch ice cream- 150 cal
Total- 717 cals

8:00 pm

1 bran muffin- 375 cals
1 bowl salad- 298 cals
2 cups commercial juice- 150 cals
1 slice ham- 46 cal
2 slices whole wheat, made from recipe, bread- 128 ea.
1 tbls margarine- 20 cals
Total- 1140 cals

Daily Total- 2994 cals. Not that bad, but still not good. Oh well, I'm not counting calories anymore. I'll just eat healthy. If I find my body fat percentage starts going up, and I start gaining weight, that isn't lean body weight, then I'll have to change something in my eating habits, but I can't count calories, takes to much time. From now on you'll just get my exercise reports.

Todays exercise report:

It was workout day, so I workout the legs, abs, and shoulders.

Legs

Hack Squats

10 easy reps- 110 lbs
6 slightly heavier reps- 130 lbs
3 heavier reps- 160 lbs
4-6 reps to failure- 220 lbs- 5 reps
4-6 reps to failure- 250 lbs- 5 reps
I think I could have put more weight on still. Something to think about for next week. It is a jump from the 200 lbs though.

Deadlifts

3 heavier reps- 160 lbs
4-6 reps to failure- 220 lbs- 4 reps
4-6 reps to failure- 220 lbs- 6 reps- to light I am sure.

Abs

Weighted Crunches

I need to do something way different for the ab exercises. I can't get enough weight on my chest, and if I do put enough on there, it crushes me, and it's awkward. I can't do weighted crunches until I figure out how to get weight on me to do them. I just did two sets of 15 crunches.

Weighted Leg Lifts

I like this one, I did 15 reps with the legs, and it really gets the Abs burning.

All in all, the ab workout wasn't very successful. I need to get enough resistance on there to stimulate muscle growth. I am going to look into some machines, or if not that, build my own. I have an idea for a pully system that will put resistance on my abs, or my legs for leg lifts.

Shoulders

Shoulder Press

10 easy reps- 60 lbs
6 slightly heavier reps- 75 lbs
3 heavier reps- 110 lbs
4-6 reps to failure- 130 lbs- 5 reps
4-6 reps to failure- 135 lbs- 3 reps- to heavy, should have stuck with 130 lbs.

I did increase in my shoulder press which is good.


Well, I think that is about it for the night,

Best in Health,

Cuyler Callahan

No comments: