Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My first day went alright.... kinda.

Well, my first day on my program started out real good. I had a good sized breakfast with little calories. I left for work with two nutri bars in my pocket for my in between meals snacks. But little did I know, I wouldn't be able to eat them, for lack of time. My boss and I jackhammered through cement the whole day, and I had no time to stop and eat them. Then for lunch, my boss made some soup, and we ate bread and soup. Though I ate two much. That alone is what probably made me go over the calories I needed to make a good calorie deficit.

The days calorie intake wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Aside from that, it was Cardio day, so I started off on the treadmill, ready to try the new HIIT Cardio I had discovered on BodyBuilding.Com. It was all good. I warmed up to my normal running speed, then started my thirty second sprint after my four minute warm up. I was almost at thirty when the treadmill just stopped. I soon found out there is a pressure pin that pops out if two much pressure is put on the treadmill. I guess a guy my size running as fast as the treadmill will let me will make the pin pop out. So I tried again, but this time with duct tape over the pin. I got about three thirty second sprint, thirty second slow, sessions in, about half of what I need, when the pin managed to pop out again. So, because my legs where warmed up real good, and I would have probably gotten cramps if I stopped to bend down and fix the pin, I just started hopping on the treadmill. Eventually the pin went back in and I started up my sessions. Took me a little bit doing this, but I can tell you HIIT cardio is really effective. In a short 12 mins, I worked up enough sweat to match my 20 min runs. It is really effective. And it isn't boring at all. I like it, just goto get the treadmill to like it as well.


I'll post what I ate, along with the calories I ate, and the exercise I did:


Eating Schedule for Monday, Febuary 26th, 2007.

I wasn't able to get in the minimum 5 meals do to work.


Breakfast- 9:30

1 egg- 90 cal
2 toasted whole wheat bread slices made from recipe- 128 cal ea.
Total Cal intake: 346 cals

Lunch- 2:30- the bad one

1 bowl of veggie soup- 240 cal
4 pieces boughten whole wheat bread- 190 ea
2 table spoons nutella- 100 cal total
2 cups whole farm milk- 230 ea
Total Cal intake: 1330 cals- ouch

Supper-4:30- milking cows at time

2 nutrigrain bars- 150 cal ea
Total 300 cals

After Supper meal- 8:00

1 chocolate milk- 170 cal
1 ham, turkey, sandwich- 290 cals
total: 460 cals

Snack- 10:00

1 piece of cheese cake- 240 cals

I need 2400 cals to keep my body where it is with out work, or doing anything
Because I work, and am fairly active, I need 2600 calories to keep my body where it is.
I need 2200 cals a day, to effectively keep my body active, while letting it burn off fat.


My daily intake was 2676 calories.

It wasn't bad, but it was 76 calories over my max. So ya, I did do cardio which burned it off lower, but I didn't loose much calories, therefore, it wasn't a very effective day.

My exercise consisted of 12-15 mins HIIT cardio, which was very interesting considering my treadmill doesn't think so.

So that was my first day of my program, I'm sure the jackhammer burned off something, lol, I actually need to go and do it again.

Best in Health,

Cuyler Callahan

No comments: